14 regional bond dealers have founded Regional Bond Dealers Association (RBDA). The purpose of the association is to tackle issues that are important to U.S. regional, fixed-income securities dealer. Issues to be examined include revising the tax code and matters affecting auction-rate securities.
Founding members are:
• Wells Fargo Brokerage Services LLC.
• Crews & Associates Inc.
• Vining-Sparks IBG • Cronin& Co. Inc.
• Tejas Securities • Duncan-Williams Inc.
• Stone Youngberg LLC • Fifth Third Securities • Southwest Securities Inc.
• FTN Financial • Seattle-Northwest Securities Corp.
• G.X. Clarke & Co.
• ML Stern & Co • Incapital LLC
Mike Nicholas and Michael Decker, both formerly with Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), will serve as co-chief executives. Decker was the former senior managing director for Research and Public Policy at SIFMA and Nicholas was its former managing director of Capital Markets Group. President and CEO of FTN Financial Mark Medford will serve as RBDA chair.
Membership is expected to come from a pool of up to 90 registered dealers that can be considered regional dealers of fixed income securities.
Related Web Resources: